Nichols named chief business officer for Symetra Tour
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 25, 2012 11:06 AM ET
Mike Nichols, current LPGA vice president of tournament business affairs, has been named the chief business officer of the Symetra Tour, the LPGA announced Monday.
Nichols will move into the role on July 2 as Symetra Tour CEO Zayra Calderon transitions out of her position on June 30. Calderon has been the chief executive of the Symetra Tour since May 2000, and was named chief of tournament business affairs for the LPGA in January 2009.
Nichols, 41, joined the LPGA in 2006 in his current capacity after serving as championship director for the 2005 U.S. Senior Open at NCR Country Club. He was charged with oversight of the LPGA schedule, working directly with tournaments from development to maturity, as well as sponsor addition and retention.
With the Symetra Tour, Nichols will oversee planning and budgeting for the tour, including the management of tournaments and sponsorships.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play