Report: Nordegren nears completion of Florida mansion
- By Will Gray
- Dec 11, 2012 3:26 PM ET
It appears that Elin Nordegren will soon add her name to the list of notables with mansions in Palm Beach County, Fla.
According to US Weekly, Nordegren, ex-wife of Tiger Woods, is nearing completion on a 21,000-square-foot home in North Palm Beach, Fla. She reportedly bought the property in March 2011 for $12.2 million and 10 months later decided to tear down the existing 17,000-square-foot house. She instead opted for a brand new construction, one that will include an Olympic pool, koi ponds and a spa, according to the report.
Nordegren is the latest golf-related name to make headlines in the South Florida real-estate market, after reports surfaced over the weekend that world No. 1 Rory McIlroy will be purchasing a $10 million home in nearby Palm Beach Gardens. Her ex-husband, with whom she has two children, moved into a $55 million estate in Jupiter Island, Fla. last year.
While construction is not yet completed on the property, Nordegren has already staked her claim - literally - by placing a flag of her native Sweden atop one of the home's chimneys, according to the report.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process