Report: Nordegren nears completion of Florida mansion
- By Will Gray
- Dec 11, 2012 3:26 PM ET
It appears that Elin Nordegren will soon add her name to the list of notables with mansions in Palm Beach County, Fla.
According to US Weekly, Nordegren, ex-wife of Tiger Woods, is nearing completion on a 21,000-square-foot home in North Palm Beach, Fla. She reportedly bought the property in March 2011 for $12.2 million and 10 months later decided to tear down the existing 17,000-square-foot house. She instead opted for a brand new construction, one that will include an Olympic pool, koi ponds and a spa, according to the report.
Nordegren is the latest golf-related name to make headlines in the South Florida real-estate market, after reports surfaced over the weekend that world No. 1 Rory McIlroy will be purchasing a $10 million home in nearby Palm Beach Gardens. Her ex-husband, with whom she has two children, moved into a $55 million estate in Jupiter Island, Fla. last year.
While construction is not yet completed on the property, Nordegren has already staked her claim - literally - by placing a flag of her native Sweden atop one of the home's chimneys, according to the report.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots