Ogilvy, de Jonge outside top-64 bubble for Match Play
- By Ryan Lavner
- Feb 7, 2013 10:31 AM ET
This is the final week to qualify for the first World Golf Championship event of the season, the Accenture Match Play Championship. But only five players around the top-64 bubble are teeing it up this week.
The 64 players in the Official World Ranking as of Feb. 11 will be eligible for the WGC-Match Play, which begins Feb. 20 at Dove Mountain. The tee times and bracket will be unveiled once the rankings are updated following the final round of the Northern Trust Open.
This week’s AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and Joburg Open are the final opportunities for players to accrue world-ranking points.
At Pebble Beach, No. 56 Rafael Cabrera Bello and No. 58 Tim Clark will be looking to hang onto their spots, while No. 69 Geoff Ogilvy, No. 71 Brendon de Jonge and No. 73 Fredrik Jacobson all need good results to play their way into the WGC field.
Currently, Nos. 60-70 in the OWGR are as follows: No. 60 Stephen Gallacher, Chris Wood, Marcel Siem, Charles Howell III, Shane Lowry, Bernd Wiesberger, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Anders Hansen, Scott Jamieson, Geoff Ogilvy (2009 winner) and No. 70 Greg Chalmers.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots