Ryan Palmer shot a 6-under 64 to take a one-shot lead Thursday in the first round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship.
The native Texan made six birdies in a bogey-free round at TPC at Four Seasons in Irving, Texas.
Marc Leishman and Alex Cejka are tied for second after shooting 5-under 65.
Defending champion Keegan Bradley finished at 3 under, while Jason Day finished with a double bogey to fall to 2-under 68.
Phil Mickelson, playing in the event for the first time since 2007, shot even-par 70.
Matt Kuchar, winner of last week's Players Championship, is one of seven players tied for fourth at 4 under.
Standing over his ball in a swale behind the 18th green, Jason Dufner would have been content with a par and a spot in the big group tied for the lead in the Byron Nelson Championship. Instead, Dufner... Read More
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots