Ryan Palmer shot a 6-under 64 to take a one-shot lead Thursday in the first round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship.
The native Texan made six birdies in a bogey-free round at TPC at Four Seasons in Irving, Texas.
Marc Leishman and Alex Cejka are tied for second after shooting 5-under 65.
Defending champion Keegan Bradley finished at 3 under, while Jason Day finished with a double bogey to fall to 2-under 68.
Phil Mickelson, playing in the event for the first time since 2007, shot even-par 70.
Matt Kuchar, winner of last week's Players Championship, is one of seven players tied for fourth at 4 under.
Standing over his ball in a swale behind the 18th green, Jason Dufner would have been content with a par and a spot in the big group tied for the lead in the Byron Nelson Championship. Instead, Dufner... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots