Park wins for second time this season
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 14, 2012 11:08 AM ET
South Korea’s Inbee Park is becoming a fixture on LPGA leaderboards during her sizzling run in women’s golf.
With her victory Sunday at the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia, Park has either won or finished second in her last four starts. Here are her last six finishes: Win, T-3, T-2, 2, 2, Win.
Park now has 10 consecutive top-10 finishes.
“That’s the first time I’ve won twice in a year,” Park said after Sunday’s win. “I’m really proud of myself for that.”
Park leads the LPGA money list with $1,954,608. She also leaped to second in the Rolex Player of Year points race. Stacy Lewis leads with 184 points with Park at 144. A victory is worth 30 points. There are five events remaining on the LPGA schedule.
Two shots behind Na Yeon Choi at Sunday’s start, Park made a back-nine run to win, but not without some anxious moments. She finished bogey-bogey and still prevailed by two shots with Choi making a double bogey at the 17th.
The LPGA moves to Park’s homeland next week with the LPGA KEB – HanaBank Championship in Seoul, South Korea.
Tags: Inbee Park
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path