NAPLES, Fla. – South Korea’s Inbee Park locked up the LPGA’s money title and the Vare Trophy for low scoring average Sunday at the season-ending CME Group Titleholders.
“I put a lot of pressure on myself this week, and it was hard,” Park said. “This week felt like it was longer than the whole season, but I am really happy that it is finally done and I got the two titles. I’m really proud of myself.”
Park closed with a 2-under-par 70 Sunday and finished the year with a 70.21 scoring average. Jiyai Shin finished at 70.31 and Stacy Lewis at 70.33. Shin did not have enough starts to qualify for the award.
Lewis shot 74 Sunday and would have had to shoot 62 to take the Vare Trophy.
Park was asked whether the money title or Vare Trophy meant more to her.
“They both mean a lot,” Park said. “It is tough to win the money list, and it is tough to win the Vare Trophy, but I think it’s a little tougher to win the Vare Trophy.”
Park came into the season’s final event with $2,266,638 in money winnings. Lewis needed to win the event to have a chance to win the money title.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process