SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – Former two-time European Solheim Cup captain Dale Reid is at Rich Harvest Farms and weighed in on the future of the European women's golf.
First, she said that she doesn't consider the Europeans underdogs in these matches, pointing out that the team has major champions Anna Nordqvist and Catriona Matthew.
"There’s no way I’d captain if I thought they were underdogs," said Reid, a victorious captain in 2000 and a losing captain in 2002.
Reid said she has no knowledge of who the next European captain will be but thinks Liselotte Neumann, an assistant this year, is the likely candidate. Annika Sorenstam, Carin Koch and Laura Davies are other names thrown out as possibilities over the next few years.
Davies said earlier in the week she's not interested in being a captain.
"Sometimes Laura says things she doesn't really mean," Reid said. "She loves playing in it so I don't see why she wouldn't want it. But if she says she doesn't want to be captain, I wouldn't want her to be captain."
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bradley starts with lead | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play