Casey said he pulled a muscle under his rib cage working with his swing coach Peter Kostis just before the Open Championship. The Englishman had the injury taped for the first round and had been under going treatment each day at Firestone.
The injury flared up on Thursday and Casey said he just couldn't keep playing. The world's third-ranked player plans to have treatment the next few days before he decides if he will play next week's PGA Championship.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management