Pettersen brings scrapbook of memories to Kraft
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 28, 2012 12:25 PM ET
RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. – Suzann Pettersen brings a scrapbook of motivation to the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
Nobody has finished second more times in this event (3) than Pettersen, who is seeking her first Kraft Nabisco title.
“This place has been very special to me in a lot of different ways,” Pettersen said. “I have a lot of great memories, some pretty big disappointments. At the same time, I look at it all as one big learning experience.”
The hard lesson came back in 2007, when Pettersen squandered a four-shot lead with four holes to play.
“I guess losing in ’07, I say losing because I felt I really gave it away, that was a huge disappointment,” Pettersen said.
Pettersen ended up winning the very next major that year, the LPGA Championship at Bulle Rock.
“Managed to nail my strategy and stay to the game plan,” Pettersen said.
Pettersen realizes any path to a major likely goes through world No. 1 Yani Tseng.
“What she’s done is phenomenal,” Pettersen said. “I still think it’s possible to play better than her. That’s what I believe. I believe in my own game.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play