PGA Merchandise Show to change schedule in 2014
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 26, 2013 12:16 PM ET
The PGA Merchandise Show will change its schedule next year, switching from its current Wednesday-Saturday format to a Tuesday-Friday one.
The 2014 show will tee off with the traditional Outdoor Demo Day at Orange County National Golf Center on Tuesday, Jan. 21. The show will continue at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando on Wednesday through Friday, Jan. 22–24.
"With overwhelming support from exhibitors, PGA Professionals and golf industry members, we're pleased to announce this new day pattern for the PGA Merchandise Show after extensive research and following a course of due diligence with our partners in the industry and in Orlando," PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions Senior Vice President Ed Several said in a statement. "The new weekday dates of the PGA Show allow PGA Professionals to return to their facilities as needed and our attending industry members to return home for valuable weekend time spent with family and friends."
"The new Tuesday through Friday format will work much better for me because I can be back attending to business at my facility on the weekend," said Lawrence Auer, PGA director of golf and merchandising at Azalea City Golf Club in Mobile, Ala. "I know a lot of people in our profession were unable to stay for the final day of the Show on Saturday. But now that it will be ending on Friday, we can use the full three days to conduct business."
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path