Set to begin its inaugural season this summer, PGA Tour Canada unveiled its 2013 schedule Thursday.
The Tour will kick things off with the Times Colonist Island Savings Open in Victoria, BC from June 3-9 and will conclude with the Tour Championship of PGA Tour Canada from Sept. 9-15, at a venue yet to be determined.
"We are delighted to announce the inaugural schedule of PGA Tour Canada," said PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem in a released statement. "This Tour presents a tremendous opportunity for the growth of the game in Canada and we're excited about the future of this Tour in the coming years."
The initial schedule includes seven tournaments, although the Tour also indicated that at least one additional event will be announced later in the year. Each event will carry a prize purse of $150,000. The top five players on the season-ending Order of Merit will receive playings status on the Web.com Tour in 2014, while players finishing 6-10 on the money list will receive an exemption into the final stage of Web.com Tour Q-School this fall.
Below is a list of the events announced Thursday:
June 3-9: Times Colonist Island Savings Open (Uplands Golf Club, Victoria, BC)
June 17-23: ATB Financial Classic Presented by TELUS (Country Hills Golf Club, Calgary AB)
July 1-7: Dakota Dunes Open (Dakota Dunes Golf Links, Saskatoon, SK)
July 8-14: Syncrude Boreal Open Presented by AECON (Fort McMurray Golf Club, Ft. McMurray, AB)
July 15-21: The Players Cup (Pine Ridge Golf Club, Winnepeg, MB)
Sept. 2-8: Cape Breton Celtic Classic (The Lakes Golf Club, Ben Eoin, NS)
Sept. 9-15: Tour Championship of PGA Tour Canada (Venue TBD)
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path