Set to begin its inaugural season this summer, PGA Tour Canada unveiled its 2013 schedule Thursday.
The Tour will kick things off with the Times Colonist Island Savings Open in Victoria, BC from June 3-9 and will conclude with the Tour Championship of PGA Tour Canada from Sept. 9-15, at a venue yet to be determined.
"We are delighted to announce the inaugural schedule of PGA Tour Canada," said PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem in a released statement. "This Tour presents a tremendous opportunity for the growth of the game in Canada and we're excited about the future of this Tour in the coming years."
The initial schedule includes seven tournaments, although the Tour also indicated that at least one additional event will be announced later in the year. Each event will carry a prize purse of $150,000. The top five players on the season-ending Order of Merit will receive playings status on the Web.com Tour in 2014, while players finishing 6-10 on the money list will receive an exemption into the final stage of Web.com Tour Q-School this fall.
Below is a list of the events announced Thursday:
June 3-9: Times Colonist Island Savings Open (Uplands Golf Club, Victoria, BC)
June 17-23: ATB Financial Classic Presented by TELUS (Country Hills Golf Club, Calgary AB)
July 1-7: Dakota Dunes Open (Dakota Dunes Golf Links, Saskatoon, SK)
July 8-14: Syncrude Boreal Open Presented by AECON (Fort McMurray Golf Club, Ft. McMurray, AB)
July 15-21: The Players Cup (Pine Ridge Golf Club, Winnepeg, MB)
Sept. 2-8: Cape Breton Celtic Classic (The Lakes Golf Club, Ben Eoin, NS)
Sept. 9-15: Tour Championship of PGA Tour Canada (Venue TBD)
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots