SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Despite record crowds on Friday and Saturday, the Waste Management Phoenix Open fell short of its all-time announced attendance record on Sunday.
With 58,791 fans in attendance for the final round, the tournament drew 525,821 for the week, trailing the 2008 record by 12,535. It did outdraw last year’s last year’s crowds by 7,559.
By comparison, capacity at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for the Super Bowl is 72,003.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots