SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Despite record crowds on Friday and Saturday, the Waste Management Phoenix Open fell short of its all-time announced attendance record on Sunday.
With 58,791 fans in attendance for the final round, the tournament drew 525,821 for the week, trailing the 2008 record by 12,535. It did outdraw last year’s last year’s crowds by 7,559.
By comparison, capacity at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for the Super Bowl is 72,003.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path