It was just miserable this morning, on an exposed golf course that let all the wind and rain lash the players trying to stay in the FedEx Cup Playoffs.
Make no mistake, Fridays mean something during The Playoffs. Justin Rose made a great comeback during Round 2 to finish at 1 over for the day. He said he played "out of his skin" to score so well in those conditions. When he put his skin back on, he told me he saw the FedEx Cup projections on the board, and knew if he didn't get it in gear he would be done for the season.
These are the stories that are created by The Playoffs: A guy playing for his season on a Friday during a rainstorm. If you are watching our early-round coverage, you may just see a story like this, that makes this part of the season so compelling.
Walker joined Golf Channel in 2008 and is an anchor/reporter for Golf Central.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots