Quarterfinal predictions for the WGC-Accenture Match Play
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 23, 2013 2:55 PM ET
MARANA, Ariz. – The quarterfinals of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship get under way Saturday at The Ritz Carlton Golf Club Dove Mountain.
Jason Day def. Graeme McDowell
The line: The Australian got off to a slow start in his morning match against Bubba Watson but settled into a rhythm late and is putting as well as anyone this week.
Robert Garrigus def. Matt Kuchar
The line: Garrigus was pushed in his first match of the week but his power proved to be too much – his drive at the 15th traveled 339 yards and stopped 6 feet from the hole on the par 4.
Hunter Mahan def. Webb Simpson
The line: The defending champion should consider real estate adjacent the Dove Mountain layout. He hasn’t trailed in a match since the sixth hole in his opening-day bout vs. Zach Johnson . . . in 2012.
Ian Poulter def. Steve Stricker
The line: We’ve picked against Poulter for three rounds and we’ve lost. If every PGA Tour event were played with a match-play format we would be talking about the Englishman closing on Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 majors.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: NOW: Watch Big Break Mexico
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae