Semifinals predictions for the WGC-Match Play
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 23, 2013 9:30 PM ET
MARANA, Ariz. – The semifinals of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship gets under way Sunday morning at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Club at Dove Mountain.
Jason Day def. Matt Kuchar
The line: The Australian has had the toughest road to the final four and that should help as the pressure reaches a Sunday crescendo, but he will need to putt better than he did in Saturday’s quarterfinal match. This one could go into overtime.
Hunter Mahan def. Ian Poulter
The line: Forget what we said about never picking against Poulter again in a match play event. Mahan has been untouchable for two years at the Match Play and has now played 131 holes without trailing.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- LPGA SCORING: C. Choi up by 1; Lewis 4 back
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process