Pressel in position for another win in Japan
- By Randall Mell
- May 5, 2012 10:53 AM ET
Morgan Pressel moved into position to win her fourth worldwide title, her second Salonpas Cup title in three years on the Japan LPGA Tour.
Pressel’s 7-under-par 65 Saturday moved her to 11-under 133, two shots ahead of Jiyai Shin going into the final round of the rain-shortened event. The first round was washed out, reducing the tournament to 54 holes. Pressel is seven shots ahead of Japanese star Ai Miyazato, who is tied for 10th.
The Salonpas Cup is the Japan women’s first major of the year. Pressel won it in 2010.
Tags: Morgan Pressel
Morgan Pressel will tee it up with her younger sister, Madison, for the first time in a professional event this week at the North Texas LPGA Shootout. Read More
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Colsaerts loses after bizarre drop | Results
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process