KOHLER, Wis. – Morgan Pressel is hoping to see a specialist next week to further evaluate her injured right thumb.
Pressel withdrew from the U.S. Women’s Open on Friday.
“It’s been bothering me a bit, and I really jolted it yesterday in the bunker at the 11th,” Pressel told Golfchannel.com on Saturday.
Pressel withdrew from the Walmart NW Arkansas last week with pain in the thumb. She has been struggling for about a month with tendinitis, a malady that is beginning to move deeper into her arm. Pressel withdrew from the U.S. Women’s Open after making a sextuple-bogey 10 at the 14th hole.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process