Cabrera, Pettersson share lead in rain-drenched Houston
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 29, 2012 6:03 PM ET
Inclement weather caused the suspension of play in the first round of the Shell Houston Open.
When play was halted just before 5 p.m. local time, Angel Cabrera and Carl Pettersson led the tournament by a shot at 7 under par. Both completed their rounds of 65.
Jeff Maggert and Ricky Barnes completed play as well, and trail by a shot. Jim Herman was 6 under through 15 holes.
Bud Cauley, Keegan Bradley and James Driscoll were in the clubhouse with 67. Canadian Graham DeLaet was also 5 under with a hole to play.
Thirty players had yet to begin the tournament. Play is scheduled to resume at 7:30 a.m. Friday.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth