Top 10 Letterman style: Boehner-Biden talk golf, not politics
- By Jason Sobel
- Sep 9, 2011 1:59 PM ET
As you can see from the video below, it was Open Mic Night prior to President Obama’s speech on Thursday, as Vice President Joe Biden and Speaker of the House John Boehner talked a little golf.
Well, OK, so Boehner talked and Biden listened.
What was the reaction to their conversation? Gary Williams and I presented our own version of a David Letterman-style top-10 list on Friday’s edition of "Morning Drive":
10. The rest of the U.S. is worried about the debt ceiling and the Speaker is working on his handicap index?
9. Biggest political buzzwords these days are "job creation." I've got one: Guy who turns off microphones.
8. Which commercial airline did he say he flew into Mullin, Neb.? Oh, that’s right. He didn’t.
7. Hey, could've been worse. He could've bragged about his fantasy football draft.
6. That’s amazing stuff, Mr. Speaker. Now let’s see how good you are at “Simon Says.” Stand up. Sit down. Clap. Isn’t that all they do during those speeches?
5. One political stance we can all get behind: The emergency nine.
4. Send those scores to Fred Couples. You may get a captain’s pick.
3. Sand Hills is a Coore-Crenshaw course. Wonder if Ben ever saw Boehner's swing and said, "I've got a feeling..."
2. We finally have proof: Spray tanning really does improve your game.
1. Two-under one day, then 86 the next? Good news, Tiger: You're qualified to be Speaker of the House!
Tags: Morning Drive
10% increase in viewership versus first quarter 2012, most-watched March ever and more. Read More
11-time PGA TOUR winner John Cook and travel expert Matt Ginella join Gary Williams, Holly Sonders, Damon Hack, Kelly Tilghman, Charlie Rymer and Lauren Thompson as Morning Drive regulars. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots