PITTSFORD, N.Y. – The Spaniards are on the march.
No Spaniard has ever won a women’s major championship.
Recari, 25, was asked if the Munoz victory motivated her to follow suit. Recari broke through to win the CVS/pharmacy Challenge for her first LPGA title two years ago.
“We are the same age, and we grew up playing together and competing against each other from the very beginning,” Recari said. “She won, and I think that’s very good for Spanish women’s golf. I don’t like to get emotional and competitive with other compatriots.”
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots