Reed given final sponsor's invitation to Disney event
- By Rex Hoggard
- Nov 5, 2012 4:31 PM ET
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Patrick Reed will round out the field for the season-ending Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic thanks to a last-minute sponsor exemption from tournament officials.
Reed was given the exemption that was initially awarded to Boo Weekley, who got into the tournament on his own status after 2009 Disney champion Stephen Ames withdrew.
Reed has Monday qualified for six Tour events this season earning $302,977 and is $158,000 away from cracking the top 150 in winnings and earning partial status in 2013 as well as an exemption to the final stage of Q-School next month in California.
The former Augusta State standout missed the cut in just one of the six events he qualified for this season and finished tied for 11th at the Frys.com Open on a sponsor exemption earlier in the Fall Series.
Duffy Waldorf, who won the 2000 Tour stop at Disney, Mike Weir and Joe Durant are the other sponsor exemptions for this week’s finale.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management