Report: Trump National (NJ) gets 2017 U.S. Women's Open
- By Golf Channel Digital
- May 2, 2012 3:35 PM ET
The Associated Press reported Wednesday that the U.S. Golf Association has awarded the 2017 U.S. Women's Open to Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J. An official announcement is expected Thursday.
The news was hardly a surprise since Donald Trump let the cat out of the bag at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
"I think they have announced it," Trump said then, knowing that they had not. "If they haven't, I'm going to say this off the record even though we are on live television. I'm hearing rumors about getting the U.S. Women's Open."
This will be the first major championship to be played at a Trump-owned course. Trump National was site of the 2009 U.S. Junior and U.S. Girls Junior championships and is located about 45 minutes from New York City.
Tags: US Womens Open
The USGA announced Thursday that a record 1,420 entries have been accepted for the U.S. Women's Open, set to take place June 27-30 at Sebonack Golf Club in Southampton, N.Y. Read More
The USGA announced Wednesday the 20 sectional qualifying sites for this year's U.S. Women's Open. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management