LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. – Scott Rohrer of York, S.C., shot an 83 on the par-72 Gold Course to lead the field in the 18-hole individual stroke play competition (Level V) of the Special Olympics National Golf Invitational Tournament.
Tyler Whitehurst of Dunedin, Fla., was the 18-hole individual stroke-play gold medalist in 2011 and currently is three shots behind Rohrer with an 86.
Rohrer was the record-setting gold medalist at the 2010 Special Olympics National Golf Invitational Tournament when he shot the 18-hole (71) and 54-hole (21) individual stroke-play record at the Highlands Golf Course in Lincoln, Neb.
A field of 203 golfers from 19 programs representing the United States and Canada are competing in five levels of competition in the 13th annual tournament through Sunday.
Full results are available here.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play