Sea Island resident Byrd withdraws from McGladrey
- By Rex Hoggard
- Oct 17, 2012 10:27 AM ET
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. – One surprising last-minute scratch from the McGladrey Classic field was Jonathan Byrd, a Sea Island resident who finished tied for 32nd in the Golden Isles last year.
Byrd withdrew from the McGladrey on Friday because of inflammation in his right wrist. According to Byrd’s manager with Crown Sports he has consulted with multiple doctors and there is no structural damage or torn ligaments.
His next scheduled start will be the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic.
When the CIMB Classic becomes the first-ever FedEx Cup event in Asia this fall, it will do so from a new venue and with one of the game's biggest stars highlighting its field. Read More
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose