Sea Island resident Byrd withdraws from McGladrey
- By Rex Hoggard
- Oct 17, 2012 10:27 AM ET
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. – One surprising last-minute scratch from the McGladrey Classic field was Jonathan Byrd, a Sea Island resident who finished tied for 32nd in the Golden Isles last year.
Byrd withdrew from the McGladrey on Friday because of inflammation in his right wrist. According to Byrd’s manager with Crown Sports he has consulted with multiple doctors and there is no structural damage or torn ligaments.
His next scheduled start will be the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Classic.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots