FORT WORTH, Texas – Four years removed from his last PGA Tour title Sergio Garcia decided he needed to mix things up. In golf terms that normally means a new caddie and the Spaniard brought back a familiar face for this week’s Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
Gary Matthews split with Garcia last August after a two-year stint on his bag, but El Nino reunited with his old looper, at least temporarily. Glen Murray was on Garcia’s bag at The Players.
“Glenn and I have been going on for a long time, probably we needed a little bit of a break,” said Garcia, who has just one top 10 on Tour this season. “We’ll see what happens.”
- Garcia makes controversial Woods remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth