Simpson grouped with Watson, Bradley at Travelers
- By Jay Coffin
- Jun 19, 2012 2:53 PM ET
The PGA Tour came through with the obvious grouping this week at the Travelers Championship as Keegan Bradley, Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson – the game's last three major champions – will play together the first two rounds. They will go off the first tee Thursday at TPC River Highlands at 12:55 p.m. ET.
Simpson had been entered into the Travelers and when he won the U.S. Open on Sunday at The Olympic Club, media and fans alike had been suggesting the Tour group him with Watson and Bradley.
Just ahead of that group at 12:44 is Fredrik Jacobson, the 2011 Travelers champion. He is grouped with Zach Johnson and Kyle Stanley. Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan and Johnson Wagner are going off the 10th tee at 7:34 a.m. in Round 1 and behind them will be Louis Oosthuizen, Padraig Harrington and Justin Leonard. Harrington tied for fourth at the U.S. Open, two shots behind Simpson.
Patrick Cantlay, who will turn pro Tuesday and who shot a second-round 60 last year at the Travelers and tied for 24th place, is with Ryo Ishikawa and John Peterson at 8:29 a.m. on the 10th tee.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae