Simpson grouped with Watson, Bradley at Travelers
- By Jay Coffin
- Jun 19, 2012 2:53 PM ET
The PGA Tour came through with the obvious grouping this week at the Travelers Championship as Keegan Bradley, Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson – the game's last three major champions – will play together the first two rounds. They will go off the first tee Thursday at TPC River Highlands at 12:55 p.m. ET.
Simpson had been entered into the Travelers and when he won the U.S. Open on Sunday at The Olympic Club, media and fans alike had been suggesting the Tour group him with Watson and Bradley.
Just ahead of that group at 12:44 is Fredrik Jacobson, the 2011 Travelers champion. He is grouped with Zach Johnson and Kyle Stanley. Matt Kuchar, Hunter Mahan and Johnson Wagner are going off the 10th tee at 7:34 a.m. in Round 1 and behind them will be Louis Oosthuizen, Padraig Harrington and Justin Leonard. Harrington tied for fourth at the U.S. Open, two shots behind Simpson.
Patrick Cantlay, who will turn pro Tuesday and who shot a second-round 60 last year at the Travelers and tied for 24th place, is with Ryo Ishikawa and John Peterson at 8:29 a.m. on the 10th tee.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Garcia's comments hot topic at Crowne Plaza
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation