Simpson looking forward to pairing with Haas
- By Randall Mell
- Feb 16, 2013 8:42 PM ET
That’s what Simpson calls fellow Wake Forest alum Bill Haas. The two of them will join Charl Schwartzel in the final threesome off at 1:30 p.m. ET at Riviera Country Club. Simpson and Schwartzel are each three shots behind Haas.
Haas, 30, and Simpson, 27, never got to play together at Wake Forest.
“I missed him by a year,” Simpson said. “He graduated the year I came in. He has really looked after me on Tour. We have fun hanging out. Our wives are friends.
“How will it affect me? I play with my friends all the time out here, so I don't think it will affect me one way or the other. I love playing with guys that I can have conversations with and have a good time. So it will be fun.”
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae captures Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play