Simpson looking forward to pairing with Haas
- By Randall Mell
- Feb 16, 2013 8:42 PM ET
That’s what Simpson calls fellow Wake Forest alum Bill Haas. The two of them will join Charl Schwartzel in the final threesome off at 1:30 p.m. ET at Riviera Country Club. Simpson and Schwartzel are each three shots behind Haas.
Haas, 30, and Simpson, 27, never got to play together at Wake Forest.
“I missed him by a year,” Simpson said. “He graduated the year I came in. He has really looked after me on Tour. We have fun hanging out. Our wives are friends.
“How will it affect me? I play with my friends all the time out here, so I don't think it will affect me one way or the other. I love playing with guys that I can have conversations with and have a good time. So it will be fun.”
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path