Simpson looking forward to pairing with Haas
- By Randall Mell
- Feb 16, 2013 8:42 PM ET
That’s what Simpson calls fellow Wake Forest alum Bill Haas. The two of them will join Charl Schwartzel in the final threesome off at 1:30 p.m. ET at Riviera Country Club. Simpson and Schwartzel are each three shots behind Haas.
Haas, 30, and Simpson, 27, never got to play together at Wake Forest.
“I missed him by a year,” Simpson said. “He graduated the year I came in. He has really looked after me on Tour. We have fun hanging out. Our wives are friends.
“How will it affect me? I play with my friends all the time out here, so I don't think it will affect me one way or the other. I love playing with guys that I can have conversations with and have a good time. So it will be fun.”
Webb Simpson isn’t a big fan of the impending anchoring ban. In fact, you could say he hates it. Read More
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots