U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson has opted to skip next week's WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
Simpson never committed to the event at Firestone C.C. in Akron. The deadline to enter the tournament was at 5 p.m. on Friday.
The world No. 5 chose not to play in last week's British Open, instead remaining in the U.S. with his wife, Dowd, awaiting the birth of their second child. Simpson also threw out the ceremonial first pitch at a New York Yankees game last week.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path