U.S. Open champion Webb Simpson has opted to skip next week's WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
Simpson never committed to the event at Firestone C.C. in Akron. The deadline to enter the tournament was at 5 p.m. on Friday.
The world No. 5 chose not to play in last week's British Open, instead remaining in the U.S. with his wife, Dowd, awaiting the birth of their second child. Simpson also threw out the ceremonial first pitch at a New York Yankees game last week.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path