Snedeker ready to defend title at Torrey Pines
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 22, 2013 6:22 PM ET
Snedeker, who has four PGA Tour titles, won the Farmers Insurance Open last year, coming from seven shots behind in the final round and beating Kyle Stanley in a playoff.
The victory just added to Snedeker’s special feelings for the course. He shot 61 in the first round the first time he played a PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines in ‘07. He ended up finishing third in what was only his third start as a rookie.
In ’08, Snedeker tied for ninth in the U.S. Open played at Torrey Pines. Two years later, he tied for second at Torrey Pines when Ben Crane won. In seven starts at Torrey Pines, Snedeker has four top-10 finishes.
“This is a place that’s very near and dear to my heart,” Snedeker said. “This is kind of where my career started, and I’ve had a lot of success over the last four or five years. So, I love coming here."
Snedeker is looking to become the first player to repeat as champ of the Farmers Insurance Open since Woods capped off a run of four straight titles in '08.
“The golf course is in great shape, and my game feels really good,” Snedeker said.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management