Snedeker to skip WGC-Cadillac to rest sore ribs
- By Rex Hoggard
- Mar 1, 2013 11:03 AM ET
Snedeker, who won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am by two strokes to cap a torrid start to his season that includes a pair of runner-ups (Farmers Insurance Open and Waste Management Phoenix Open) and a tie for the third at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, missed last week’s WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship and plans to return for the Arnold Palmer Invitational a source told GolfChannel.com.
“My ribs do feel better. However, the area is still tender and I feel that I need to take next week off and continue to rest. I want to make sure I am totally prepared to return for the Arnold Palmer Invitational and then The Masters,” Snedeker said in a statement. “My doctor here in Nashville (Dr. Burton Elrod) has advised me to take this extra week for precautionary measures.”
Snedeker injured himself at the Humana Challenge and re-aggravated the injury at Pebble Beach.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play