RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. – The competition to make the 2011 Solheim Cup teams doesn’t begin with Thursday’s start of the Kraft Nabisco Championship, but it feels that way.
Points are doubled for the Americans.
There’s 120 points up for grabs to this week’s winner, which is actually triple what the winner of a regular LPGA tournament received last year.
The top 10 in points automatically qualify for the American team at the conclusion of the Safeway Classic (Aug. 21). The Americans meet the Europeans at Killeen Castle in Ireland Sept. 23-25. Here are your top Americans in the Solheim Cup points standings going into the Kraft (we’ll post a European update later):
1 Cristie Kerr 522.0
2 Morgan Pressel 287.0
3 Michelle Wie 275.5
4 Paula Creamer 254.5
5 Angela Stanford 237.5
6 Brittany Lincicome 217.0
7 Stacy Lewis 170.5
8 Brittany Lang 159.5
9 Juli Inkster 142.0
10 Christina Kim 137.0
11 Kristy McPherson 130.0
12 Vicky Hurst 108.0
13 Amanda Blumenherst 63.0
T14 Wendy Ward 59.0
T14 Natalie Gulbis 59.0
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air