Site of 2015 Solheim Cup to be unveiled Monday
- By Randall Mell
- Oct 26, 2012 4:42 PM ET
The site of the 2015 Solheim Cup will be unveiled Monday by the Ladies European Tour.
Courses in Spain, Germany and England are believed to be among frontrunners as finalists to host the event with LET officials having expressed interest in taking the Solheim Cup to countries that haven’t previously hosted the biennial competition between the United States and Europe.
Parties known to have sought to host include: Gut Kaden Golf Club in Hamburg, Germany; The La Manga Club in Murcia, Spain; Forest Pines in North Lincolnshire, England; and Prosper Golf Resort in Celadna in the Czech Republic. The possibility of a surprise looms with some mystery over the selection process. The LET announced early in the search that three of the original nine bids were made by parties who wished to remain anonymous.
Germany, Spain and the Czech Republic have never hosted a Solheim Cup. While Scotland and Wales have hosted the event, England never has.
The 2013 Solheim Cup will be played at Colorado Golf Club in Parker, Colo. The 2011 Solheim Cup was staged at Killeen Castle outside Dublin, Ireland.
- SCORING:Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots