Site of 2015 Solheim Cup to be unveiled Monday
- By Randall Mell
- Oct 26, 2012 4:42 PM ET
The site of the 2015 Solheim Cup will be unveiled Monday by the Ladies European Tour.
Courses in Spain, Germany and England are believed to be among frontrunners as finalists to host the event with LET officials having expressed interest in taking the Solheim Cup to countries that haven’t previously hosted the biennial competition between the United States and Europe.
Parties known to have sought to host include: Gut Kaden Golf Club in Hamburg, Germany; The La Manga Club in Murcia, Spain; Forest Pines in North Lincolnshire, England; and Prosper Golf Resort in Celadna in the Czech Republic. The possibility of a surprise looms with some mystery over the selection process. The LET announced early in the search that three of the original nine bids were made by parties who wished to remain anonymous.
Germany, Spain and the Czech Republic have never hosted a Solheim Cup. While Scotland and Wales have hosted the event, England never has.
The 2013 Solheim Cup will be played at Colorado Golf Club in Parker, Colo. The 2011 Solheim Cup was staged at Killeen Castle outside Dublin, Ireland.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management