Sorenstam: Pressure, lack of patience hurting Woods
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 21, 2012 10:54 AM ET
"I think that he's putting a lot of pressure on himself," Sorenstam said Thursday on "Morning Drive." "I think that his attitude is not the way it used to (be). He's just one bad swing, and he's losing it. He used to have so much patience, so much focus. (He) was in such control for several rounds in a row, then he tees off and it's nothing like that."
Sorenstam believes the mental block leads to problems with Woods' technique. As Woods continues to develop confidence in and comfort with the swing he has developed with Sean Foley, Sorenstam is unsure if Woods can regain his dominance.
"I don't know if his swing will be the way it was," she said, "and allow him to continue to be consistent for so long under that type of pressure."
'Go Annika' Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary of Historic Moment When Annika Sorenstam Teed It Up Against The Men Of The PGA TOURby Golf Channel Public Relations | May 15, 2013 4:42 PM ET
Golf Channel Retrospective Airs Wednesday, May 22, at 9 p.m. ET, Features More Than 20 Interviews With People Connected to Story Read More
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- C. Choi tops crowded LPGA leaderboard | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process