South Koreans Ryu, Yoo share lead with Pettersen
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 15, 2012 4:50 PM ET
Yoo and Ryu opened with 6-under-par 66s Thursday at the CME Group Titleholders to move into a share of first place with Suzann Pettersen.
Yoo won her first major, the Kraft Nabisco Championship, in the spring. Ryu won the U.S. Women's Open as a non-member of the LPGA last year. She joined the tour this year and won the Jamie Farr Classic in August. She has clinched LPGA Rookie of the Year honors.
Yoo’s round could have been even better. She was running away at 9 under before making double bogey and bogey to close out her round.
“I’m a little disappointed,” Yoo said.
While Ryu wasn’t playing the LPGA last year, she was paying attention when fellow countrywoman Hee Young Park won the CME Group Titleholders.
“I want another South Korean to win,” Ryu said.
Cristie Kerr made a short par putt on the second hole of a sudden-death playoff with Suzann Pettersen on Sunday to win the Kingsmill Championship for the third time. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly