Spieth has now accrued $521,893 in four starts this year, surpassing the earnings of the 150th-ranked player on the 2012 season-long money list ($474,295). As a result, the 19-year-old is now eligible for an unlimited number of sponsor's exemptions as he tries to earn his card for the 2013-14 season via the non-member money list or non-member FedEx Cup points list.
The former Texas standout has made the most of his opportunities thus far this season. After a missed cut at Torrey Pines and a tie for 22nd at Pebble Beach, Spieth tied for second at the Puerto Rico Open while playing on a sponsor's exemption. That top-10 finish got him a spot in the field at Innisbrook, where he earned another top-10 finish that granted him an exemption into next week's Shell Houston Open.
Tags: Jordan Spieth
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots