Squire Creek to host '15 U.S. Women's Mid-Am
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 26, 2012 12:01 PM ET
The U.S. Golf Association announced Monday that Squire Creek Country Club in Choudrant, La., has been selected to host the 2015 U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship. The event for women ages 25 and older will be held Oct. 3-8.
Squire Creek, which opened in 2002, was designed by Tom Fazio. It has hosted U.S. Open local qualifying in 2008 and ’09, and currently serves as the home of the Louisiana Tech golf team.
“The USGA is delighted to bring the U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship to Squire Creek Country Club and pleased to return to the state of Louisiana for the first time since 1966,” said Thomas J. O’Toole Jr., USGA vice president and championship committee chairman, in a statement.
Mina Hardin shot a 3-under 69 on Sunday to share medallist honors in the U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur at Golden Hills Golf and Turf Club. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth