Stefani matches tournament record with 62, leads Miccosukee
- By Will Gray
- Oct 13, 2012 4:40 PM ET
Shawn Stefani matched the tournament record with a 9-under 62 Saturday to open a six-shot lead at the Miccosukee Championship after 54 holes.
Already a winner on the Web.com Tour earlier this year at the Midwest Classic, Stefani got off to a hot start in his third round, playing the first seven holes Saturday in 6-under. His round included seven birdies and an eagle, and Stefani has now carded only two bogeys through 54 holes in Miami.
Low numbers have hardly been plentiful at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club. Stefani's 62 is three shots better than any other round recorded thus far this week, and he was five shots better than the next lowest round turned in Saturday.
Currently 16th on the Web.com Tour money list, Stefani would essentially clinch a PGA Tour card for 2013 with a win Sunday. At 12-under 201, he leads by six shots over Alistair Presnell and first-round leader Christopher DeForest. Nicholas Thompson, Russell Henley and Jamie Lovemark are among the notable names that will begin Sunday's final round inside the top 10.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots