Stefani matches tournament record with 62, leads Miccosukee
- By Will Gray
- Oct 13, 2012 4:40 PM ET
Shawn Stefani matched the tournament record with a 9-under 62 Saturday to open a six-shot lead at the Miccosukee Championship after 54 holes.
Already a winner on the Web.com Tour earlier this year at the Midwest Classic, Stefani got off to a hot start in his third round, playing the first seven holes Saturday in 6-under. His round included seven birdies and an eagle, and Stefani has now carded only two bogeys through 54 holes in Miami.
Low numbers have hardly been plentiful at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club. Stefani's 62 is three shots better than any other round recorded thus far this week, and he was five shots better than the next lowest round turned in Saturday.
Currently 16th on the Web.com Tour money list, Stefani would essentially clinch a PGA Tour card for 2013 with a win Sunday. At 12-under 201, he leads by six shots over Alistair Presnell and first-round leader Christopher DeForest. Nicholas Thompson, Russell Henley and Jamie Lovemark are among the notable names that will begin Sunday's final round inside the top 10.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path