Stork visits Crane: Wife gives birth following win
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 18, 2011 9:36 AM ET
Twenty-four hours after Ben Crane shot a final-round 63 to ultimately win the McGladrey Classic in a playoff over Webb Simpson, his wife Heather gave birth to the couple's third child, a girl named Saylor Mackenzie Crane.
"It's a girl!!!! Saylor Mackenzie Crane 7.6 lbs Momma and baby are doing great!! #best24hourseverthankyouLord," Crane sent Monday at 9:24 p.m. ET via his Twitter account @bencranegolf.
Crane began the final-round of the McGladrey Classic in eighth place and seemingly well off the pace. It wasn't until the last five holes when Crane began making a move. He birdied four of the last five holes to shoot 30 on the back nine for a 63. Both Crane and Simpson parred the first playoff hole, then Crane won on the second playoff hole when Simpson missed a 3-footer for par.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path