Stork visits Crane: Wife gives birth following win
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Oct 18, 2011 9:36 AM ET
Twenty-four hours after Ben Crane shot a final-round 63 to ultimately win the McGladrey Classic in a playoff over Webb Simpson, his wife Heather gave birth to the couple's third child, a girl named Saylor Mackenzie Crane.
"It's a girl!!!! Saylor Mackenzie Crane 7.6 lbs Momma and baby are doing great!! #best24hourseverthankyouLord," Crane sent Monday at 9:24 p.m. ET via his Twitter account @bencranegolf.
Crane began the final-round of the McGladrey Classic in eighth place and seemingly well off the pace. It wasn't until the last five holes when Crane began making a move. He birdied four of the last five holes to shoot 30 on the back nine for a 63. Both Crane and Simpson parred the first playoff hole, then Crane won on the second playoff hole when Simpson missed a 3-footer for par.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process