WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W. Va. – Three more players punched tickets to the Open Championship on Sunday, including both of the playoff competitors at The Greenbrier Classic.
Marc Leishman, who won the Travelers Championship two weeks ago, was joined atop a mini-money list by Greenbrier champion Ted Potter, Jr. That money list runs from The Players Championship through the Greenbrier.
Meanwhile, runner-up Troy Kelly also earned a trip to Royal Lytham & St. Annes via a qualifying rule which sends the highest finisher in the top-five who isn’t already exempt.
Leishman finished T-60 in his only previous Open Championship appearance two years ago. Neither Potter nor Kelly has ever competed in the year’s third major.
The Open Championship will take place July 19-22.
Trevor Fisher Jr. shot a 9-under 62 and Richard Sterne had a 65 Friday to share the lead after the second round of the Joburg Open. Read More
Tom Pernice Jr., a close friend of Vijay Singh, said the Hall of Famer, who withdrew from the Waste Management Phoenix Open Thursday, shouldn't be suspended for using the deer-antler spray. Read More
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take