WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W. Va. – Three more players punched tickets to the Open Championship on Sunday, including both of the playoff competitors at The Greenbrier Classic.
Marc Leishman, who won the Travelers Championship two weeks ago, was joined atop a mini-money list by Greenbrier champion Ted Potter, Jr. That money list runs from The Players Championship through the Greenbrier.
Meanwhile, runner-up Troy Kelly also earned a trip to Royal Lytham & St. Annes via a qualifying rule which sends the highest finisher in the top-five who isn’t already exempt.
Leishman finished T-60 in his only previous Open Championship appearance two years ago. Neither Potter nor Kelly has ever competed in the year’s third major.
The Open Championship will take place July 19-22.
Trevor Fisher Jr. shot a 9-under 62 and Richard Sterne had a 65 Friday to share the lead after the second round of the Joburg Open. Read More
Tom Pernice Jr., a close friend of Vijay Singh, said the Hall of Famer, who withdrew from the Waste Management Phoenix Open Thursday, shouldn't be suspended for using the deer-antler spray. Read More
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae