Tiger admits Nicklaus the best of all time
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 28, 2012 6:07 PM ET
Tiger Woods has given a lot of people reason to believe he is the best golfer of all time. The 14-time major winner, however, said Friday he is second on the list.
During a golf clinic in Las Vegas for his annual Tiger Jam event, Woods was asked to identify the greatest golfer in history.
"Nicklaus," Woods answered, according to GolfLasVegas.com.
Woods would rank himself second for a simple reason.
"I am four majors back," he said.
At the Masters, Woods fell well short of earning a 15th major title. Woods said Augusta National was his favorite American course, but not as pleasant when he finished T-40 at the Masters compared to his last win there in 2005.
"It's a pretty neat place, but it wasn't very neat a few weeks ago," Woods joked. "But it was a pretty neat place seven years ago."
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae