ORLANDO, Fla. – Tiger Woods posted an even-par 72 during the stroke play portion on Day 2 of the Tavistock Cup.
Wielding a balky putter throughout much of the day, Woods finished five strokes behind the best score of the day, shared by Ernie Els, Thomas Bjorn, Ross Fisher, Retief Goosen and Robert Allenby.
Only one player - Ian Poulter - finished with a worse result, while three others tied him.
Woods' team from the Albany property finished in last place amongst the four clubs involved, 15 strokes behind the winning home team, Lake Nona.
Though his score didn't show it, Woods continued to hit the ball well during his first two rounds of competition since withdrawing from the WGC-Cadillac Championship. Multiple playing partners commented that they were impressed with his swing, confirming that when he missed fairways off the tee, he was only missing by a matter of yards.
Woods will compete in the Arnold Palmer Invitational Pro-Am on Wednesday, followed by the event one day later.
Led by the pairing of Sean O’Hair and Bo Van Pelt, Isleworth took first place in the team standings on the first day of the two-day Tavistock Cup at Lake Nona Golf & Country Club in Orlando, Fla. Read More
- SCORING: Bahamas LPGA | Senior PGA Champ.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots