In honor of Lucas Glover’s flawless rendition of David Letterman’s “top 10” list last week, the GolfChannel.com home office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, has created a “Top 10 reasons why Tiger Woods wants to win the AT&T National.”
10. Kim’s belt buckle doesn’t even match his shoes.
9. Unlike Bethpage, Congressional doesn’t have a single “warning” sign.
8. President Barrack Obama may be the commander in chief, but last I checked he doesn’t have a single green jacket.
7. Gotta play late because morning rush hour traffic on the George Washington Parkway is whack.
6. Politically, I lean Republican.
5. Gotta pay for that putter I snapped after the U.S. Open.
4. Fed (good friend Roger Federer) told me, “Even I can win on that grass.”
3. Stevie Williams says the “Beltway” would make a great road race track.
2. AT&T won’t be back at Congressional until after the Blue Course has been USGA’ed for the 2011 U.S. Open and I’m not moving this thing to TPC Avenel.
1. If I win, AT&T gives me unlimited texting.