The Australian Open received a boost Friday when eight-time major champion Tom Watson committed to play the Dec. 6-9 event at The Lakes Golf Club in Sydney.
It is the first time he has played the tournament in nearly 30 years.
Watson, who turns 63 next week, won the Aussie Open in 1984, the year after he won the last of his eight majors.
Tags: Tom Watson
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path