I spoke with Sergio who said he is not at all optimistic about the state of his game. He said he will not play in as many events the remainder of the year to work on his golf issues.
Scott feels he has improved from last year but took a huge step backward last week at the PGA Championship with two rounds of 82-79 to miss the cut.
Both added the Wyndham Championship to their schedule to protect their FedEx Cup standing.
Scott is 111th, Sergio is 115th. The good news is Sedgefield is vulnerable and there are whispers of a possible 59 this week on this par 70 course. A barrage of birdies would quickly fill their confidence tank which is close to being empty.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots