Poulter out, Carballo in Woods-Westwood group
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Mar 1, 2012 9:59 AM ET
Carballo is an Argentine rookie who turns 33 in three weeks. Making just his sixth start on the PGA Tour, he missed the cut last week at Mayakoba. His season-best is a T-29 at Pebble Beach. His low round of the year was a second-round 66 at the Humana Challenge.
The Argentinean got to the PGA Tour by finishing 10th on the 2011 Nationwide Tour money list. He won the Children’s Hospital Classic to secure his Tour card in his fifth full season.
Prior to joining the Nationwide Tour in 2007, he competed on the European Tour. He finished 166th on their Order of Merit.
In his Tour profile, Carballo lists his hero as Woods. They will go out at 12:30 p.m. ET.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path