As expected, the Dye’s Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass will host the fourth and final event of the Web.com Tour Finals, which begin next season. The PGA Tour announced Sunday that the $1 million Web.com Tour Championship will be played Sept. 26-29, 2013.
“Dye’s Valley has already proven to be one of the toughest venues on the Web.com Tour,” said Web.com Tour president Bill Calfee in a statement. “The pressure to perform under critical circumstances will be intense when the players come to Ponte Vedra Beach with one last chance to earn one of the 50 PGA TOUR cards.”
The players eligible for the four-tournament Web.com Tour Finals – which replace Q-School as the direct route to the PGA Tour – will include the top 75 money winners from the Web.com Tour money list, Nos. 126-200 on the FedEx Cup points list and non-members who have earned enough FedEx Cup points that would place them in the 126-200 range.
Those receiving the 50 PGA Tour cards, then, would be the 25 leading money winners on the Web.com Tour and the 25 players who earn the most cumulative money during the Web.com Tour Finals.
The schedule of events looks like this:
• Hotel Fitness Championship, Aug. 29-Sept. 1, in Fort Wayne, Ind.
• Chiquita Classic, Sept. 5-8, in Charlotte, N.C.
• Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship, Sept. 12-15, in Columbus, Ohio
• Web.com Tour Championship, Sept. 26, 29, in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play