Having hosted the WGC-Cadillac Championship since 2007, Trump Doral will continue to host the season's second World Golf Championship event through 2023, the PGA Tour announced Friday.
The resort, which has held a Tour event on its premises each year since 1962, was purchased by real-estate mogul Donald Trump last June, and plans are in place for a $200 million renovation of the property, which features five different golf courses. Included in those plans is a redesign of the TPC Blue Monster Course by noted architect Gil Hanse, which will begin after next month's tournament.
"It is a great honor to have such a long-term extension with the PGA Tour," noted Trump. "They know how great this facility will become. It will be the finest anywhere in the United States."
Tiger Woods got a timely putting tip last week from Steve Stricker, which Woods says is merely the continuation of their helpful relationship. Read More
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play