Having hosted the WGC-Cadillac Championship since 2007, Trump Doral will continue to host the season's second World Golf Championship event through 2023, the PGA Tour announced Friday.
The resort, which has held a Tour event on its premises each year since 1962, was purchased by real-estate mogul Donald Trump last June, and plans are in place for a $200 million renovation of the property, which features five different golf courses. Included in those plans is a redesign of the TPC Blue Monster Course by noted architect Gil Hanse, which will begin after next month's tournament.
"It is a great honor to have such a long-term extension with the PGA Tour," noted Trump. "They know how great this facility will become. It will be the finest anywhere in the United States."
Tiger Woods got a timely putting tip last week from Steve Stricker, which Woods says is merely the continuation of their helpful relationship. Read More
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots