CHASKA, Minn. – Few can relate to Vijay Singh’s putting woes like Michael Allen.
The endearing Senior PGA champion has struggled, like the Fijian, with his putter for much of his career and, like the Fijian, switched from a belly putter to a shorter version within the last two weeks.
“The biggest thing is trusting it,” Allen said. “It usually takes about three weeks before I’m like, ‘Oh, God.’ But right now it’s OK.”
Trust can only go so far, however. Like Singh, Allen has the old, longer putter at Hazeltine National, just in case.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play