CHASKA, Minn. – Few can relate to Vijay Singh’s putting woes like Michael Allen.
The endearing Senior PGA champion has struggled, like the Fijian, with his putter for much of his career and, like the Fijian, switched from a belly putter to a shorter version within the last two weeks.
“The biggest thing is trusting it,” Allen said. “It usually takes about three weeks before I’m like, ‘Oh, God.’ But right now it’s OK.”
Trust can only go so far, however. Like Singh, Allen has the old, longer putter at Hazeltine National, just in case.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots