NAPLES, Fla. – Rolex World No. 1 Yani Tseng would have liked three of her drives back Thursday in the first round of the CME Group Titleholders.
Tseng hit tee shots into water hazards at the third, fifth and 10th holes and made double bogeys at TwinEagles Club. She opened with a 3-over-par 75 and is tied for 63rd.
“I feel like I can make some birdies on this golf course if I drive it well,” Tseng said. “Today I just missed three or four drives, and it cost me.”
Tseng is playing for the sixth consecutive week. She has never played six tournaments in a row, but she said her run of improved play led her to want to play a lot at season’s end. She recorded two third-place finishes and a fourth-place finish on the Asian swing.
“I know I should take a rest, but I just couldn’t do it after I started playing good,” Tseng said. “But I don’t feel tired at all from the travel.”
Tags: Yani Tseng
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly