The golf world uses Twitter to share news and offer a glimpse into players’ lives and thoughts. In a new daily, GolfTalkCentral feature, we will offer up the best tweets from the past 24 hours.
You can nominate your favorites from the day as well by re-tweeting the best 140-character dispatches with the hashtag #GCTOTD.
Jonathan Byrd became a dad for the third time yesterday. Before he did, however, he gave a little play-by-play
@jbyrdpga About an hour till show time! My beautiful bride is going to have our third baby! Praying for her....she's one tough lady! #Godisincontrol
2011 NCAA Champion and rookie pro John Peterson tried to Monday qualify for the Shell Houston Open. The guy who beat him is doing well.
@JohnPetersonLSU Nice to see Jim Herman playin well at Shell...he's the dude that beat me in the playoff for last spot on Monday. #wishitwasme
The world No. 1 is getting a little help from the country club staff to prepare for the Masters.
Finally, the Ryder Cup captain may have a cracked rib, but he's hoping to crack some eggs as well.
Unfortunately, he tweeted a picture of a rooster.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots